The Commissioner of Police is pleased to announce the
transfers and appointments of senior officers of the
This transfers and appointments are
routine in keeping with the Commissioner’s policy
that enables Police Officers to serve in different areas
during their career in the Kenya Police.
Provincial Police Officers
1. Mr. King’ori Mwangi, Deputy Commissioner of
Police (DCP), has been transferred to the Coast Province
as the Provincial Police Officer. The position fell
vacant following the appointment of Mr. Simon Karanja
Gatiba, DCP as the new Director of Criminal Investigation.
2. Mr. John Njue Njagi, DCP replaces him as Provincial
Police Officer, Nairobi Area. Prior to this appointment,
Mr. Njagi was at PPO Central Province.
3. Mr. Benson Ndwiga, DCP, formerly PPO North Eastern
Province moves to Central Province in the same capacity.
4. Criminal Investigation Department Deputy Director,
Mr. Peter Kavila, DCP has been appointed Provincial
Police Officer, Western Province.
5. Mr. Anthony Kibuchi Mugo, S/ACP is the new Provincial
Police Officer, North Eastern. He was previously the
Deputy PPO Nyanza.
6. Mr. Abdul Maka Mzee, DCP has been appointed the
Chief Firearms Licensing Officer at the Central Firearms
Bureau. Before the appointment, he was Provincial Police
Officer, Western Province.
Provincial Criminal Investigation Officers
1. Mr. John Futu Mwachai, S/ACP has been appointed
P.C.I.O. Eastern Province. Before the appointment, he
was in charge of Investigations at CID Headquarters.
2. Mr. Samuel Githui, S/ACP moves to CID Headquarters
as the Officer-in-Charge Operations. He was the P.C.I.O.
Eastern before this appointment.
3. Mr. Mohamed Amin, S/ACP is the new P.C.I.O. Rift
Valley Province. He had been attending a course at the
National Defence College, Karen before this appointment.
4. Mr. Bernard M’Mjuri Mate, ACP moves to the
Coast Province as the new P.C.I.O. Prior to this appointment
he was the Deputy PCIO Western Province.
5. Mr.Jasper Nyaga Reche, ACP who has been the Officer-in-Charge
of the Anti-Motor Vehicle Theft Unit (Flying Squad)
has been appointed Deputy P.C.I.O. Western Province.
The transfers take effect immediately.
The Commissioner of Police wishes the officers every
success in their new stations.
(GIDEON M. KIBUNJAH)
FOR: COMMISSIONER OF POLICE
23rd November 2006